Flooring Systems Installation
- Microfiber roll applied epoxy floor and coating systems in solid colours
- Anti-slip trowel and roll applied epoxy floor coating treatments
- Stone-Resin and Pebble Epoxy flooring systems
- Slip resistant retail, commercial and industrial floor and coating systems
- High build abrasion and slip resistant epoxy flooring solutions
- Food grade seamless epoxy flooring systems
- Chemical bund, petrol/hydrocarbon resistant epoxy coatings
- Self-Levelling compound for flat flooring
- Acid and heat resistant epoxy coating systems
- Anti-static epoxy flooring systems
At initial stage of your floor design and installation, SHIMICOAT meet up with clients to select colours, textures, materials, design and flooring system most suitable for your need. Then, we organize a suitable time for surface preparation and installation of your new flooring system.
You may choose to have roll applied epoxy floor coatings for light foot traffic to high loading, abrasion or chemical resistant trowel applied flooring system.
For industrial sectors, SHIMICOAT proudly offer unique design of flooring system and products to meet the unique requirements of your industries, these may include:
|· Food & Beverage Industry|
· Commercial Kitchens
· Chemical Processing
|· Mining Laboratories
· Retail & Commercial Areas
Installation and Care
We directly manage the entire installation process with our experienced team from concrete surface preparation, concrete crack and joint patch and repairs to installation of the new floor coating systems. Consideration is made to the individual needs of our clients including suitable access times, downtime, dust contamination noise pollution, water and power supply and co-ordination with other trades. Throughout the process we will inform clients of the necessary steps prior to commencement, during and after completion of the project. We provide written instruction regarding floor care and maintenance to aid in preserving the quality and longevity of your flooring investment.
Consultancy on Surface Technologies / Other Services
Consultancy on Surface Technologies
SHIMICOAT offers a number of Floor Finishing Systems to suite our clients needs in commercial, residential and industrial capacities.
These flooring systems are:
- Simple Grind & Seal
- Polished and Honed
- Non-Slip Flooring
- Chemical Resistance
- Stone or Pebble Epoxy Floors
- Flake and Chip Flooring System
- Solid Colour Epoxy
- Bright coloured Seamless Resin Floors
- Metallic Finish Epoxy Flooring System
- Glitters Decorative Floors
- Commercial Flooring Systems
- Self-Level Flooring Systems
- Coved & Health Compliance Floors
- Fast Floors “1 Plus 1”
We also offer a range of Other Services
Shimicoat has well trained industrial chemists with over 20 years of expertise in the field of surface technologies and material science, who can assist with our clients’ projects. At any project, no matter how small the job is, Shimicoat Industrial Chemist is involved to evaluate the substrate, discuss the scoop of works with clients and offer best Flooring Finishing System.
Project Consultation Process
To assist in selecting the appropriate flooring solution in residential, commercial or industrial applications, we conduct thorough research into suitable systems to meet clients’ needs and budgets. We will consult with architects, industrial chemist and engineers, conduct site inspections and perform testing during the process to consider many of the various factors such as traffic conditions (pedestrian, vehicular or machinery) and whether the area will be subject to vibration, abrasion, chemicals or heat.
The entire process will be discussed with client to ensure they are familiar with the entire process. Upon completion, the client will be issued with a certificate of compliance and warranty on the flooring system installed.
Supply of Products and Materials
At SHIMICOAT, we thoroughly test and evaluate our inputs and outputs. We test every chemical and material into the company, evaluate and quality control (QC) all products and services offered to our clients.
|We offer our products in four main categories:|
|Each category of product, identified by its own unique colour code shown on company logo:|
This method of product coding, can assist our clients to easily identify our products.
Please contact us for an informal chat on our products and services.
- Concrete must be a minimum of 30 days old for resinous flooring applications.
- Clean surface is necessary to establish a strong bond between the resinous flooring and concrete.
- Resinous flooring systems are only as sound as the concrete they are applied to, so, ensure the best foundation for your flooring system.
- All unsound concrete should be repaired or replaced prior to resinous flooring applications.
- Self-Levelling resinous flooring materials should be applied to level concrete substrates.
- Grind or fill high and low spots prior to application.
- Repair cracks prior to resinous flooring applications.
- Consult your Shimicoat Technical Service Department for specific information.
By preparing your floor before any new installations, you ensure that all your surfaces will be levelled, cleaned and at their most optimal state. Not only that, it will improve the longevity and durability of the newly installed flooring.
By having the concrete surface professionally prepared before the installation of new Shimi Flooring System, you will also reduce the amount of maintenance required for the newly installed floor – a very cost-effective flooring solution. Your flooring will require less repairs or replacements.
Mechanical Prep vs. Acid Etching
Resinous flooring materials ideally bond to concrete with a rough, sand-paper finish. This finish can be best achieved by mechanical methods such as grinding and sanding. At Shimicoat, we never recommend Acid Wash unless there is presence of excessive oil and grease on surface. Acid-Wash shall never be considered as al alternative to grinding and mechanical surface etching.
Contamination and other foreign materials must be mechanically removed (Grinding and Sanding) to ensure a satisfactory bond. All dust and debris must be thoroughly removed.
Old concrete surfaces must be structurally sound. Any unsound areas must be repaired prior to proceeding with the resinous installation. For proper patching and repairing, use Shimicoat Technical Service Department. Remove existing paint, scale and loose concrete by rough sanding, sandblasting, shot blasting, or grinding. In some cases where floor conditions allow, a stripper may be used to remove excessive build-up of paints or sealers.
Structurally sound concrete should be mechanically prepared to remove any contamination. Vacuum shot blasting is the best method for achieving a good profile for bonding and should be used where possible.
New concrete must be well cured and dry prior to coating. Allow to cure a minimum of 28 days unless using green concrete primer. No curing agents or sealing compounds should be used at any time prior to coating.
Any oil, grease, laitance, or other foreign material must be removed. Steam clean with a strong degreaser, consult Shimicoat Technical Department. Laitance and other foreign material are best removed by mechanical methods such as vacuum blasting, scarification, or grinding.
All new concrete can be acid etched or mechanically prepared by vacuum shot-blasting, sand blasting, scarifying, or grinding. Vacuum shot-blasting provides the cleanest environmentally safe area during cleaning. It also provides a mechanically rough surface to achieve a good bond.
Before the installation of any Shimicoat resinous system, the surface should be examined for moisture.
Surface Preparation – Removal of old Surface
When it comes to your floor longevity and durability are important. That’s why it is vital to have a surface that is prepared the right way before any flooring material is installed or fitted.
Shimicoat offer flooring solutions to residential, commercial, and industrial capacities.
Shimicoat Grinding has extensive experience in floor preparation using the latest equipment to provide our clients with the best services possible.
Whether it’s the family bathroom or commercial premise, we provide tile stripping for all types of properties throughout Perth and the surrounding areas.
Timber Floor Removal
Getting rid of timber surfaces can be a challenge. Allow us to take away the hassle and get the job done in the shortest time possible.
Vinyl Floor Removal
Our team can provide you with all your vinyl floor removal needs.
Carpet and Carpet Tile Removal
No matter what type of carpet is installed in your residential, commercial, or industrial building, we can remove them for you and prepare the floor for its replacement.
Glue, Paint, and Coating Removals
We offer complete removal of glue, paint, epoxy, or any other coating that is attached to your concrete surface. After we have completed the project, the floor will be cleaned and ready for the installation of the new flooring material.
We have a broad range of equipment to take on projects no matter what the floor area might be. Our goal to ensure that each job is completed on time and within budget.
Shimicoat offers concrete grinding and polishing to create gorgeous floors. We are experts in the concrete surface preparations and coating industries. We offer our services to residential, commercial and industrial sectors on new or existing floors.
We have the ability to cut your concrete and prepare the area for any new installations.
Bathroom and Kitchen Strip-Outs
We will remove all floor coverings, ceilings, temporary floors, non-load bearing partitions, cables, ventilation, and air conditioning systems, just to name a few.
Commercial and Retail Strip-Outs
Retailers who need to renovate their stores can count on us to do a complete strip-out of the space so that you can easily transform it into something else.
Patch and Repair
When the surface is being grinded and smoothened, we use specially engineered epoxy compounds (100% Solid Epoxy based System) as grouting compound, to fill the gaps, repairing holes and level the entire floors, spalled areas, ramps, stairs, cracks, etc. Shimi Gap-fill has strong bonding to concrete and compatible with the consequence epoxy coatings, making it ideal for such applications. Once cured, it is stronger than concrete. Bonds strongly to almost any clean substrate and provides chemical resistance surface.
Surface Cleaning Prior to Epoxy Application:
Epoxy Flooring Systems are commonly used on concrete/cement floors because of their durability and versatility. They resist oil, dirt, water and debris that can stain other types of paint and flooring. Not all cement floors are ideal for epoxy coating. Moisture in the cement can prevent the epoxy from thoroughly adhering to the floor, so you'll need to perform a moisture test before beginning this project. For the best results, complete a thorough cleaning and acid-etching before applying the epoxy coating.
A few Useful Hints:
- In wet season and when humidity is high, tape a plastic bag to the floor for 24 hours. Lift the bag and look at the underside. If the bag is completely dry, it's safe for epoxy coating.
- Scrape hard debris from the concrete/cement floor with a flat shovel or scraper. Sweep the floor thoroughly with a stiff-bristled broom.
- If oily, fill a 5-gallon bucket with degreaser or all-purpose cleaner and water according to the instructions on the bottle. Scrub any grease or oil stains on the cement floor with a stiff-bristled brush dipped into the cleaning solution. Blot the cleaned areas with cotton rags.
- Dampen the concrete floor thoroughly with a hose. Attach a brush or coarse scrubbing pad to an electric floor scrubber. Pour some of the degreaser or cleaning solution from the bucket onto the floor as you clean with the scrubber to keep the floor wet. Move the scrubber back and forth as you clean. For areas that the scrubber won't reach, scrub with a stiff-bristled brush.
- Vacuum up any remaining cleaning solution from the floor with a wet/dry vacuum. Flush the cleaning solution down the drain to dispose of it.
- Carry our acid wash, only if oily and greasy, and only if necessary. Rinse the cement floor thoroughly with the hose to prepare it for acid etching. Attach a new or rinsed cleaning brush or coarse scrubbing pad to the floor scrubber.
- Pour enough Hydrochloric Acid solution to cover a thin film oll over your floor. Scrub the area for five to 10 minutes with the floor scrubber. Move to a new section, sprinkle the solution and scrub the floor. Repeat this until you scrub the entire floor.
- Make sure windows are open and there is enough air circulation.
- Rinse the floor thoroughly with a hose. Scrub the floor completely and rinse again.
- Repeat the scrubbing and rinsing two more times to ensure no acid residue remaining and allow the floor to dry overnight. Squeegee the water off of the cement and ventilate the area to aid in the drying process. The floor should appear white and feel rough like sandpaper when it's dry. If not, repeat the acid-etching process.
- When dry, repeat the moisture test and if dry, proceed with epoxy application.
Commence with Epoxy application when you are 100% sure of dry and clean surface with certain degree of porosity to bond strongly to Epoxy.